Thank you to everyone who attended our October PTA meeting! We appreciate you taking the time to support our school in this way.
Meeting minutes from the October 8, 2018 to be approved at next month’s meeting:
Tammy Norris, President, called to order at 6:06pm
Jenny Weldon Van Wyk presented an ice breaker:
What was your favorite part of the Jamboree?
What is your favorite south side restaurant?
Wendy Wysong, Secretary, presented September meeting minutes
• Motion to approve by Jennifer Walkup
• Second by Mary Minard
Tammy Norris, President, nominated April Brown for Vice President
• April Brown accepted nomination and was unanimously voted in
• Request for nominations for Secretary were made and no volunteers were found
Jennifer Wong, Treasurer, presented the September budget. Discussion followed on the Jamboree.
• Motion to approve by Beth Martin
• Second by Jenny Weldon Van Wyk
Minute with Ms. Minard
• School assembly for Tristana Tigges, who was nominated for the Golden Apple Award
• Picture re-takes has been moved to November 1st
• October 28th is the 5th grade Trunk or Treat
• Restorative Practices training (circles)
o Manages conflict via a mediator
o Impact of conflict
o Resolution of conflict
Kelly Vizcarra and Jeni Weldon Van Wyk requested feedback from the Jefferson Jamboree
• Jennifer Walkup – Can a Jefferson Boy Scout troop sell food next year?
o Sell one wristband for all activities for a set price
o Pre-pay for wristbands
o Keep some activities free
Need volunteer chair for Scholastic Book Fair
• Organize 5th grade volunteers
• Set up Monday night the 22nd and tear down Wednesday night the 24th
Need volunteer chair for conferences meals
• Set up sign up genius for volunteers that are contributing food
• Set up and tear down of meals
Conferences are October 23rd and 24th – Jefferson Night Out is Tuesday, October 23rd at Old West
Motion to adjourn by Beth Martin at 7:35pm, Second by Jeni Weldon Van Wyk
All Jefferson families are invited!
Monday, October 8, 2018
6:00pm in the Art Room
Kids meet in the Library for Jefferson Kids Club!
We make it easy for families to attend PTA meetings by holding Jefferson Kids Club during each PTA meeting. Learn more about JKC
Everyone is invited to attend the PTA meeting, whether or not you’ve already paid your annual $10 dues. Cash, credit card or check (payable to Jefferson PTA) are accepted at the meeting.